Expert advice on your diet, nutrition and health
A nutritionist can help a lot whether you have weight problems, general health issues or just want to improve your overall diet to maintain your health as you get older. Our nutritionists Sona and Mara studied at the College of Naturopathic Medicine in London and have had a life-long passion for nature as medicine, gaining nutritional knowledge from their real-life experiences of how different cultures use food and plants as medicine, and the ways in which an individual’s nutrient needs are met in line with the environment they live in.
Our goal is to help clients to achieve optimum wellbeing through nutrition using a tailor-made approach suited to the individual’s needs. Sona and Mara adhere to the principles of naturopathy by focusing on helping the whole person and getting to the root of the condition not only concentrating on their symptoms.
We truly believe in a “we are what we eat” approach and we want to empower you in your journey to health and a healthy lifestyle, so you can ditch”fad” diets and enjoy delicious, nutritious, real whole foods instead.
During your appointment, we can teach you about natural remedies, nutrition and lifestyle changes and the positive impacts these can have on health and wellbeing, helping you to create a plan that’ll work for you. Each client receives a personalised plan, recommending specific foods and supplemental nutrients to support and restore the proper physiological functioning of the body.
Nutrition qualifications and memberships
British Association of Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT)
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
Association of Naturopathic Nutrition (ANP).
* Our qualified and experienced nutritionist will work with you on a personalised programme in our private clinic
* Highly reviewed nutritionists with top ratings on Facebook and Google Reviews from local people who have worked with them in our Pimlico clinic
* Our nutritionists can provide the best personal diet and nutrition programme for you (see our staff page for more information on qualifications and experience)
* Whether you want to come to our clinic for a look around, to find out more about our nutritional therapy services or to book a session with a nutritionist, call us on 0207 834 6229 and we can help you make it happen.
Benefits of using a nutritionist
Food is fuel for your brain and body and it directly affects the function of your entire system. When you improve your diet with high-quality foods full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, you ward off long-term disease, decrease weight gain, lower blood pressure, and increase energy and emotional health.
Even though it may seem simple, sometimes navigating the grocery aisles and nutrition labels can be overwhelming and a lot of the nutrition advice you find in the media and online can be very confusing and not seem to really apply to your own circumstances. Working with a nutritionist can help you work through the information overload and create a plan that’s perfect for you.
Nutrition is more than simply counting calories, it’s a complex science that’s very specific to you and your body.
Here are some of the benefits of working with a nutritionist (and we’re sure you’ll find many more once you get started):
- Personally tailored nutritional advice and diet plan
- Help managing weight loss if needed
- Help managing chronic conditions such as diabetes, abnormal blood sugar, high cholesterol, eating disorders, metabolic disorders, coeliac disease
- Guidance navigating food allergies, sensitivities, self-image and overall nutritional understanding
- Improve your relationship with food and live an all-round healthier lifestyle
There is a good article from the NHS here about general diet and nutrition
You can see more about our nutrition services here