The qualified and experienced therapists in our clinic can provide a range of massage services.
What is massage?
Massage is the manipulation of the layers of muscle and soft tissues in the body. The therapist uses warm oils and direct pressure to relax the top layer of muscle in order to reach deeper layers of the muscle tissue. It can help loosen tight muscles and aid relaxation as well as reducing muscular aches and pains.
It can also be used as part of therapy for treating the muscles and connective tissues of the body. It can help get muscles in the best condition for sports activities, stretch out tight muscles, help speed up healing of injuries and assist recovery after an event.
A massage can be stimulating or relaxing depending on the effects you want to achieve and the techniques used. A build-up of tension in the muscles from regular activity may lead to stresses in the joints, ligaments and tendons as well as in the muscles themselves. These imbalances can cause discomfort and inhibit movement. The therapist can detect variations in the soft tissues and then use specific techniques to release those areas and make the tissues more supple.
* Highly reviewed massage services with top ratings in Google Reviews and on Facebook from our Pimlico area patients.
* Our therapist, Tania studied at the University College of Osteopathy in London and has attained the highest qualification of BTEC Level 5 in Sports Massage. She also has a lot of practical experience in working with a wide range of clients, from professional athletes to local workers – if you need a massage, Tania can help!
* Whether you need to come to our clinic to deal with an injury, strain, simply for relaxation or to help reduce general aches and pains, just call us on 0207 834 6229 or pop in for a chat and we can book it for you.
Some of the reported benefits of massage include:
- Increased joint range of motion
- Increased flexibility
- Increased sense of well-being
- Decreased muscle tension
- Decreased neurological excitability (nerves more relaxed)
- Decreased muscle spasms
- Better sleep
Purported benefits that are not necessarily supported by research include:
- Increased blood flow
- Increased elimination of exercise waste products (lactic acid)
- Decreased chance of injury
- Decreased recovery time between workouts