This page is being kept up-to-date with all our Covid-19 information. Current safety procedures here.
26th June 2020
We are pleased to announce that the clinic is now open again! We have made lots of changes to the way the clinic runs in order to keep our patients and staff safe. You can read the full details in the document here: Pimlico Osteopathy Clinic Policies V1.1 – patient. Otherwise, the main points are:
- Full cleaning and airing after every patient
- New cleaning equipment including a MyDis fogger enabling effective sterilisation of fabric as well as wipe-clean surfaces
- Full PPE for every practitioner and surgical masks for every patient
We also have some new procedures which you can read about in your confirmation emails, like screening questionnaires and streamlined entry processes.
Initially we are open for osteopathy only, and podiatry is starting on Thursday 9th July.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
24th March 2020
The clinic has completely closed in order to help with social distancing. Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about it.
If you are in need, we will shortly be making online appointments available with our osteopaths and counsellors. More updates to follow.
15th March 2020
Here is our current statement on what precautions we’re taking at Pimlico Osteopathy to keep our patients and practitioners safe during this uncertain time. Rest assured that we are closely following advice from the government, Public Health England and the Institute of Osteopathy.
Hand hygiene has always been an important factor in our care, and you’ll notice that your practitioner will now also ask you to clean your hands at the beginning of your appointment. Bins for paper hand towels or tissues, and sinks or hand sanitiser for handwashing are available in each room. Disposable plinth covers are used for each patient and disposed of at the end of their session – we’ll also ask if you’d like us to remove the towelling plinth cover for your treatment, and happily do so if you prefer. After each treatment, frequently touched surfaces and objects are cleaned with disinfectant wipes. We are not required to wear face masks for your treatment, but some practitioners may do so if they choose.
Currently we have no plans to close the clinic, but as the situation is rapidly evolving, we need to plan for circumstances where we may be forced to do so. Whilst we would not be able to provide hands-on treatment in the clinic during that period, we are currently investigating the potential of offering video consultations, helping you with advice and stretches that you can perform at home.
We are also considering the viability of home visits in the future, but will need to organise these on a case-by-case basis.
Your safety and the safety of our practitioners is of paramount importance to us. As many of our patients are elderly, and we all have a duty of care to our families and community, please help us by:
- Cancelling your appointment if you have a cold, cough or are generally unwell. At this time, if you cancel an appointment because of illness with less than 24 hours notice, you will not need to pay a late-notice cancellation fee, although we would still appreciate as much warning as you can give us.
- If you do become unwell in the 14 days after your treatment, please tell your practitioner as soon as possible. PHE are no longer routinely testing those who display symptoms for Covid-19, so please just let us know if you become ill.
- If you have travelled outside of the UK within the last 14 days, please follow the current advice from Public Health England about self-quarantine. This may change over time!
It’s a difficult time for all of us, so please keep us informed of any changes you need to make to your appointments as far in advance as possible. If you are concerned, or practicing social distancing, let us know if you would prefer a telephone or video consultation instead of your physical appointment and we can discuss your options. If you’d like to support Pimlico Osteopathy but would prefer not to attend appointments, you could consider buying a course of treatments to be redeemed in the future, once we can all operate freely again.